Filing season for individuals starts July 2019 to November 2019
Who is required to submit an income tax return to SARS?
- All Individuals whose income from one employer is greater than R500 000 for the tax year.
- All Individuals whose income is less than R500 000 if:
- their source of income is from more than one employer
- they have other sources of income
- they have deductions they want to claim (eg. medical expenses, retirement contributions)
- To further streamline submissions, taxpayers who are not required to file a return will receive an automatic simulated outcome from SARS as if they had filed a return. The taxpayer can accept this assessment outcome or update the return and file.
What information and documentation is required to file your return:
- Proof of income such as:
- IRP5/IT3(a) from your employer or pension fund
- Tax certificates for investment income IT3(b)
- Tax Free Investments certificate(s) IT3(s)
- Financial statements (e.g. for business income), etc.
- Schedule summary of additional income, eg. rental income
- Proof of deductions such as:
- Medical scheme contribution certificates and receipts
- Completed confirmation of diagnosis of disability form (ITR-DD) if you want to claim any
- Retirement annuity contributions certificates
- Travel logbook (if you receive a travel allowance or use a company car), etc.